Apr 30, 2006

Heartless Mind

It is the nature of my heart----to be free. To be exempt from that which binds me to stay. For what purpose is there to LINGER, when the mind still yearns to explore? So ask me to STAY PUT and I will for the semi-right reasons. But if the choice is a step short of utter devotion, then so is my passion. If passion is incomplete, then why must we DWELL???

When I step up to the plate, I must give it a full swing. Never mind if it's a complete miss or totally misdirected. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE HIT.

Somehow I know, amidst all the strikes, is a beautiful homerun.

So please, don't ask me to stay. Though my heart feels it is ready, my mind insists to be free. Age will not defy me, neither will my memory. I will not be caught down for the wrong reasons. I will not be TIED for one stupid mistake. I've seen the after-life of temporal bliss. I refuse to be in the running for a life half-filled with regret.

So unchain me...from the wonder of what could have been if I stayed...from the longing of a place that is home...from the dream of a love that is real.

What is real is that I am WHERE I SHOULD BE. A place where my mind is OVER the matter, even if my heart has chosen to leave me.

So am I better off???...with my mind strong and my heart lacking?

To each man...his own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!

You're writing again.

Great blog!

Anonymous said...

missed your blogging