Dec 30, 2005

Taking Chances

I've always lived my life confined by that yellow line. Always living within the bounds of reason and appropriateness. This road was never the popular one. But neither was it empty. There are others like me. Putting faith in what is most ideal and suitable in the eyes of plenty.

Age has seemingly corrupted my better judgment of reason and right. There have been moments when I have found myself barely hanging on to a cliff, almost ready to take the plunge. Almost...but never quite entirely. I have had my fair share of daredevil stunts and rollercoaster rides that include apple martinis on the side. Yet i make sure that the next moment I wake up I have every bit of my dignity in tact. Regret is an emotion I do not welcome. It is fear that I must learn to overcome.

I FEAR.... of living a half-filled life. Of letting a day go by, without sitting it in the sun...of dreaming of ice cream and candy, when I only have my salad fork in hand...of enjoying a book when i'm really working overtime...of deep conversations instead of just shaking a hand...of missing the plane, just to buy more time...of saying hello, when it's really goodbye...of taking a risk, instead of letting it---fly. Or of moving on, when I should have just stayed behind.


Chances are, I make the decision that requires the smallest of leaps. How far is the jump, you ask? I dunno. I never really moved an inch...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if that's from experience, but you're an excellent writer and I think it's because you're writing from your heart. You're stories has inspired me and gave me back my confidence to stand up and reach for my dreams. Thank you. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

U R HOT! I've been trying to get you to notice me when i see you out during parties in the city. You are always surrounded by guys you never seem to be interested with. Take a chance, pick me!!!!!!!!!!